2.11.2011

feeling sunny.

Some things that are making me happy right now:


1. The icicles outside of my window are slowly melting. I can hear little drops falling when I walk to my car.


2. The sugar cookies I'm planning to make for my V-Day craft party on Sunday. My grandma's recipe reminds me of when my sisters and I were little and we'd fight over who got to frost the one Rudolf cookie we made every year.


3. This song by Nick Drake. His voice soothes all my worries, reminds me of young love and gives me that spring feeling inside.


4. The Mirror Has Two Faces: I've watched it dozens of times but it never gets old. Jeff Bridges' character is both endearing and painfully awkward. And Rose, played by Barbara Streisand, manages to discover herself and ends up with the guy. What more could you want?


5. My hair is growing and will soon reach this very desired length. Vain, maybe. Exciting, yes.


6. The weekend is finally here. No more challenging work situations or relationship drama . . . just friends, peppermint tea and thrifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment