7.05.2011

a country wedding.

Yesterday I ate dinner at a friend's house out in the country and then watched fireworks with friends downtown. Everything from the cornfields I passed on my way into town to the lemon shake-up I drank while watching fireworks made me dream about a good ol' fashioned country wedding. Clearly I have wedding on the brain. But that's beside the point.


I love how messy this bouquet is. It makes it look like it was just plucked out of the garden and tied up with twine.


The most perfect centerpiece. I love the varied textures and shapes, colors and patterns.


A sweet (and edible) centerpiece idea.


This cheerful display of colored glasses is a great example of diy style. This same (homemade) white stand would work for dessert, candies, or favors.


And last but not least, I love the idea of having pie instead of cake. I'm not a big cake person to begin with but I can bake a mean peach pie. There's also something really sweet about asking your grandma, aunt or mother-in-law to bring her signature pie. xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment