7.02.2011

a vintage update.

Mid Century Modern Wood & Green Upholstery Arm Chair | Furnish Me...

I currently have a chair just like this one sitting in my apartment. I bought it at a very over-priced mid-century furniture store in downtown Champaign, IL. I still love it just as much as the day I bought it . . . but I'm getting ready to do a little diy makeover, so that I can continue to love it even in my next place, you know, that apartment that will include my vintage chic accessories and items from m's ikea filled bachelor pad.

I stumbled upon this chair re-do over on Little Green Notebook and am smitten:


From classic lines and faded white fabric to fresh and modern:


I'm definitely feeling inspired. And with Jenny's helpful step-by-step instructions I'm now fully educated on how to do it to my own.

Here are some of the combinations I'm considering:


Quadrille's Island Ikat in Navy w/ Sherwin William's High Reflectance White


Schumacher/Decorator's walk's chevron w/Sherwin William's Cheerful


Victoria Hagan's early spring in Chocolate Brown and White w/ Sherwin William's Offbeat Green


or . . . Windsor Smith's Pelagos in Lime w/ Sherwin William's Naval or Needlepoint Navy

I can't wait to get started. Happy fourth. xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment