1.15.2010

inspiration.



In addition to my new position as Wedding Coordinator, I recently started an internship at the Children's Discovery Museum. I'll be planning a fundraiser that will take place around Mother's Day this year. As I met with the director of the museum and the public relations person today it hit me just how much work it takes to plan a large scale event: there's the venue to secure, tickets to sell, sponsorship to nail down, advertisements, performances...whew, I'm exhausted just thinking about it! My meeting also got me thinking about inspiration and where it comes from....the directors are leaving much of the event's vision AND its details to me. My plan for this weekend is to review the meeting's minutes, as well as all of the printed elements from the event's past years -- and then jot down ideas as I go. More updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment