1.10.2010

my new mexico life.



For about six months last year I lived in Las Cruces, NM. I realized a little while into my AmeriCorp experience there, that my living situation was less than ideal and my job was way too stressful -- so I packed my bags and moved back to the Midwest. Even though I consider the Midwest to be my home, a part of me longs for the simplicity of my New Mexico life: the lazy, hot afternoons, walking to the farmers market to hand-pick the vegetables we'd cook in our messy kitchen, drying laundry on the clothes line in our backyard and seeing rain as a cause for celebration. I'm not sure if I'll ever live in the southwest again, but I'd like to recreate that lifestyle where I'm at right now.

ps: isn't this kitchen to die for? Maybe I'll jump start the return of my New Mexico life with a cactus or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment