2.10.2010

v-day roundup.

Hello! I feel as if I've come back from the dead. I'm feeling better today but am still a little run down. Enough about that, let's talk Valentine's Day. . . you know, that super commercial holiday some say was created by retailers to boost post-Christmas sales? That day when restaurants boast complicated prix fixe menus and Hallmark becomes the equivalent of your town watering hole? Oh yeah, that one. To help get us in the mood for love (or something), I've put together a little v-day roundup for your viewing pleasure . . .

The sweetest Valentine's Day cards from Rifle Paper Co.:



Cute pillows from Honey Pie Design:



A Victorian inspired V-day table. I like the purple twist and doily garland:


Adorable clips from the Purl Bee. Learn how you can make your own here:


A delicious Cherry Blossom Strawberry Cheesecake from Tartelette:


Adorable valentines that the designer behind simplesong made for her son Ike's classmates:


A book about past loves. The quotes are sad (I haven’t given your jeans back because as long as I have them, I can imagine giving them back to you, seeing you one last time), funny (When I gave you that burrito, I was saying that I wanted us to get back together), and heartwarming (I’d like to save every beautiful thing I see and fold it into your open hand like a secret note):


And finally, a Valentine's Day table-scape featuring a tempting s'mores brownie from Star Provisions, an Atlanta bakery:




Whether you love Valentine's Day or can't wait for it to be over, you can't deny these great ideas from across the blogosphere. xo.

(Photos 1 and 2 via Rifle Paper Co.); (Photos 3 and 4 via Coco + Kelley); (Photo 5 via Grey Likes Weddings); (Photo 6 via Twig & Thistle); (Photo 7 via Tartelette); (Photo 8 via simplesong); (Photo 9 via Barnes & Noble); (Photos 10 and 11 via 100 Layer Cake).

No comments:

Post a Comment